January 5, 2017
Happy New Year! Hope everybody had an opportunity to spend some time family and friends over the holidays.
The industry ended the year with a little bang on the endorsement front. Volume was up almost 20% from the prior month at 4,658 loans, the highest level for the year, bringing the 2016 total to 48,794. Unfortunately this still leaves the industry down 13.5% on a yearly basis.
Highlights from December:
- 9 of the 10 regions experienced volume gains, highlighted by the the Rocky Mountain (+58%), Southwest (+36%) and Northwest/Alaska (+35%) regions.
- The two largest regions – Pacific/Hawaii and Southeast – both had their largest volume months of the year in December, as did the Rocky Mountain region.
If your company is FHA approved check out the rankings on page 5 of the report below. If your company is not FHA approved, watch out for our next edition of HECM Originators to find your ranking!
Click the image below for the full report.
December 19, 2016
HECM endorsements increased 4.8% in October to moderate year to date change to a -16.5% drop. We’re also seeing some growing zip codes join the top 10 list at bottom right of page 1:
- 78633 is outside of Austin, TX and registered 44 loans through the first 10 months of the year, up 12.8% from last year
- 08757 is the first New Jersey zip code we’ve seen on the list in some time, also coming in at 44 loans but up a more substantial 37.5%
Find out where else HECMs are growing in our full report by clicking the image below.
December 12, 2016
We already knew HECM endorsements rose slightly in October, but now we know that growth came entirely from brokers on the wholesale side.
- Wholesale volume rose 15.4%, while Retail/direct volume dropped -2.7%
- Retail continues to be larger than Wholesale, at 55% of all volume in October
This month we’re focusing on the page 4 originator rankings, with several interesting points to consider:
- Longbridge jumped to #11 on the month, up 190% from September to 58 loans
- Reversemortgages.com jumped all the way to #8, rising 74.5% to 89 loans
- Fairway Independent grew 50% to 24 loans, now up 142% year to date
Don’t forget to check out the rankings on page 3 (trailing twelve months with channel splits) and page 4 (single month retail only). If your company is not an FHA approved lender, these are the only industry rankings where you’ll appear!
Click the image below to access the full report.