February 21, 2017
HECM endorsement volume finished the year on the upswing, with several areas around the country showing positive results for the month and year:
- Denver led the top 10 cities in HECM growth, up 39.3% from 2015 to 418 loans
- Colorado led the top 10 states in growth, growing just slightly less at 33.8% to 1,997 loans
- Maricopa county in AZ grew 5.3% to 1,129 loans
- Last but not least, zip code 08757 led the way with 47.2% growth to 53 loans
Find out where else HECMs are growing in our full report by clicking the image below.
February 13, 2017
HECM endorsements ended on a high note to close out 2016, up 19.9% to the highest level all year. That growth might have been fueled by some year end clean up, but growth is welcome from just about anywhere these days.
- RMF more than doubled, up 142.1% to 748 loans to close out the year with 9.9% market share and edge out Liberty for #3
- RMS cleaned out some of the endorsements ahead of exiting originations last month, jumping 69.9% to 192 loans
- High Tech grew 38.8% to 118 loans and round out a big growth year
Don’t forget to check out the rankings on page 3 (trailing twelve months with channel splits) and page 4 (single month retail only). If your company is not an FHA approved lender, these are the only industry rankings where you’ll appear!
Click the image below to access the full report.
February 1, 2017
HECM endorsements dropped -1.7% in January, backing down slightly from the jump in December.
- 6 of the 10 regions actually rose, but with the top two regions dropping considerably it was always going to be hard to show growth nationally
- The top growth region was also the smallest, with Great Plains posting a 12.5% rise to end an eight month period <100 loans/month
- Mid Atlantic and New York/New Jersey also grew more than 9% each, to 359 and 286 loans, respectively
Several lenders also showed growth, with 5 of the top 10 posting gains to start the year.
- Live Well jumped 10.1% to 152 loans
- Liberty rose 6.6% to 227 loans
- Synergy One grew 5.3% to 237 loans and a third straight month as the fifth largest lender on this report
If your company is FHA approved check out the rankings on page 5 of the report below. If your company is not FHA approved, watch out for our next edition of HECM Originators to find your ranking!
Click the image below for the full report.