December 1, 2016
HECM endorsements declined -0.7% in November, continuing to bump along below 4,000 loans per month as has been the case for much of the year.
- 5 of the 10 regions grew, with the biggest gain in New York/New Jersey, up 26.9% to 307 loans
- Rocky Mountain extended its roller coaster ride to 4 months, dropping -24.4% after the big jump in October
- Similarly, 5 of the top 10 lenders grew in the month, with the biggest gain from Finance of America, up 16.6% to 471 loans
- RMS and One Reverse rounded out the top 3 lender growth stories, up 16.1% and 11.6%, respectively
If your company is FHA approved check out the rankings on page 5 of the report below. If your company is not FHA approved, watch out for our next edition of HECM Originators to find your ranking!
Click the image below for the full report.
November 28, 2016
HECM endorsements dropped -14.6% from August to September and now show a -17.1% drop year to date. As always, some areas around the country did much better than that, even breaking into growth territory.
Find out where HECMs are still in growth mode in our full report by clicking the image below.
November 17, 2016
HECM endorsements reversed course in September, dropping 14.6% from August levels.
- Wholesale volume declined 21.6% to 1,519 loans, coming back down to levels seen in May – July.
- Retail volume dropped at a slower pace, falling 9.1% month over month to 2,219 loans.
All of the lenders highlighted last month had volume declines in the double digit percentages, suggesting most of the August gains were due to endorsement backlogs getting cleared out.
Don’t forget to check out the rankings on page 3 (trailing twelve months with channel splits) and page 4 (single month retail only). If your company is not an FHA approved lender, these are the only industry rankings where you’ll appear!
Click the image below to access the full report.