August 24, 2016
HECM endorsement volumes for the year through June are down -13.1% from a year earlier, a figure that got significantly worse in just one month due to the big jump in June 2015 endorsements volumes. Check out the chart at the top of page 1 and you can see that the next few months won’t get any easier in terms of comparisons from last year…
That being said, there are two places worth highlighting in our HECM Trends report this month:
- Denver continues its impressive growth phase, now up 65.1% from last year and outranking some much larger cities as it jumps to the #2 spot nationally
- Austin busted into the top 10 nationally this month with a 34.4% jump to 129 loans
Be sure to check out the full report by clicking the image below.
August 17, 2016
HECM endorsements rose 3.4% in June to break a 3 month string of declines, with Retail leading the way. Retail/Direct increased 7.7% while Wholesale/Broker volume dropped -2% in the month.
- High Tech Lending solidified its move into the top 10, jumping 52.9% in the month to 159 loans (higher than 3 other top 10 lenders in June)
- Liberty Home Equity Solutions bounced back with a 25.9% increase from May to 404 loans
- Synergy One jumped back into growth mode with a 22.7% rise to 184 loans
Don’t forget to check out the rankings on page 3 (trailing twelve months with channel splits) and page 4 (single month retail only). If your company is not an FHA approved lender, these are the only industry rankings where you’ll appear!
Click the image below to access the full report.
August 1, 2016
HECM endorsements dropped -6.3% in July, totaling just 3,534 and marking a new low for the year in two of the past three months.
Four of the ten regions were up on for the month, but none of those were among the top four by volume:
- New England was a bright spot, up 28%, but that was still the lowest recent level for the region except May and June
- New York/New Jersey inched up 5.6% to 265 loans
- Mid-Atlantic also rose 3.2% to round out the Eastern Seaboard bounce
Lenders showed an even leaner look, with just 3 of the top 10 bucking the industry decline:
- Reverse Mortgage Funding jumped 38.9% to 264 loans in a sharp recovery from last month’s drop
- RMS/Security One grew 22.5% to 87 loans
- Finance of America Reverse rose 7.2% to 298 loans moving back into second place on the month after briefly dipping to third in June
If your company is FHA approved check out the rankings on page 5 of the report below. If your company is not FHA approved, watch out for our next edition of HECM Originators to find your ranking!
Click the image below for the full report.