February 1, 2017
HECM endorsements dropped -1.7% in January, backing down slightly from the jump in December.
- 6 of the 10 regions actually rose, but with the top two regions dropping considerably it was always going to be hard to show growth nationally
- The top growth region was also the smallest, with Great Plains posting a 12.5% rise to end an eight month period <100 loans/month
- Mid Atlantic and New York/New Jersey also grew more than 9% each, to 359 and 286 loans, respectively
Several lenders also showed growth, with 5 of the top 10 posting gains to start the year.
- Live Well jumped 10.1% to 152 loans
- Liberty rose 6.6% to 227 loans
- Synergy One grew 5.3% to 237 loans and a third straight month as the fifth largest lender on this report
If your company is FHA approved check out the rankings on page 5 of the report below. If your company is not FHA approved, watch out for our next edition of HECM Originators to find your ranking!
Click the image below for the full report.