March saw the biggest HECM volume month in quite some time, rising 21.2% from February. This month’s edition of HECM Originators gives us a little more insight into that strength:
- Wholesale/broker volume jumped 26.3% to 2,606 loans and the closest we’ve seen to parity with Retail/direct in recent memory
- Retail/direct volume gained a healthy 16.7% to 2,749 loans
Lenders and originators also saw significant gains in March:
- Finance of America increased 89.6% to close the gap on longtime leader AAG (page 2)
- Aegean Financial was up 300% to 24 loans
- United Pacific popped 250% to 14 loans
Don’t forget to check out the rankings on page 3 (trailing twelve months with channel splits) and page 4 (single month retail only). If your company is not an FHA approved lender, these are the only industry rankings where you’ll appear!
Click the image below to access the full report.