HECM endorsement volume fell -9.9% to 2,880 loans in September, re-visiting the lows from June but not making new ones (yet?).
- 9 of 10 regions were down, with the lone exception in New York/New Jersey which managed to grow 6.6% to 94 loans
- Southeast/Caribbean was the best of the rest, dropping -2.5% to 585 loans
Lenders fared a little better, with 3 of the top 10 gaining in the month:
- Liberty jumped 62.9% to 202 loans (3rd most for the month)
- High Tech Lending grew 7.8% to 55 loans
- Longbridge increased 7.4% to 58 loans
If your company is FHA approved check out the rankings on page 5 of the report below. If your company is not FHA approved, watch out for our next edition of HECM Originators to find your ranking!
Click the image below for the full report.
EDIT: An earlier version of this report neglected to report that Liberty also gained volume in the month.