HECM endorsements fell -7.1% in November and the wholesale/retail split diverged substantially
- Wholesale dropped -18.3%, marking the third month in a row of faster declines than Retail as the industry dropped in the wake of Financial Assessment implementation
- Retail posted 1.6% growth to bounce off the low levels from October
The disparity is even greater when comparing the cumulative effect of the past three months. Wholesale is down -44.9% from August volume levels, while Retail is down a comparatively small -15.8% over the same period.
As you might expect given the business channel differences, several top lenders bucked the overall industry trend:
- Live Well jumped 54.2% to 293 loans and their third highest volume level so far in the year
- One Reverse Mortgage rode retail strength to 357 loans for a 12.6% gain in the month
- Reverse Mortgage Funding eked out 0.4% rise to 272 loans
Don’t forget to check out the rankings on page 3 (trailing twelve months with channel splits) and page 4 (single month retail only). If your company is not an FHA approved lender, these are the only industry rankings where you’ll appear!
Click the image below to access the full report.