Our Latest Newsletters
Gain valuable insights into the high-level trends in the reverse mortgage industry and be better able to anticipate emerging opportunities.You can browse all our newsletters here in order of publish date or:
September 1, 2023
Higher But – HECM Lenders Aug 2023
HECM endorsements rose 6.4% to 2,980 loans in August, another post-November high (if we exclude March’s unnaturally boosted figure from corporate actions).
We note that endorsements are higher, but case numbers issued have been falling for several months now and this is simply unsustainable. The easy bet here is that endorsements fall in […]
August 14, 2023
HECM Originators – June 2023
June HECM endorsements bounced back from May’s rainy day, but just half of the top 8 lenders grew their own volume on the month.
- FAR led the way, rising 280.6% to 822 loans (note that we are consolidating all endorsements by AAG after their 3/31 acquisition by FAR)
- Cherry Creek set a new company record at 127 […]
August 1, 2023
Sunnier Side – HECM Lenders July 2023
July HECM endorsements rose 9.4% to 2,802 loans, the highest level since November if we exclude March’s unnaturally boosted figure from corporate actions.
The geographic view reflected the bright results too, with 8 of the 10 regions showing improvement:
- Midwest jumped 27.7% to 221 loans
- New England rose 22.1% to 105 loans
- Mid-Atlantic trailed just behind, […]
July 13, 2023
HECM Originators – May 2023
May saw the industry creep up a touch, while just 2 of the top 8 lenders dropped volume.
- Goodlife jumped 54.3% to 54 loans
- Mutual of Omaha rose 18.3% to 589 loans and the top spot for the month
- Liberty gained 13.1% to 181 loans
May also brought encouraging signs on the case numbers issued front, with total volume […]
July 3, 2023
Coming Together – HECM Lenders June 2023
May HECM endorsements jumped 24.7% to 2,561 loans as the acquisition of AAG by FAR looks to be settling out in the volume figures. More to come on this in the second set of bullet points for today!
While the month was more of a lender story than a regional one in our opinion, it makes […]
June 13, 2023
HECM Originators – Apr 2023
The industry overall gave back its AAG exit gains and then some. But just 2 of the other top 8 lenders (excluding RMF) posted declines – quite a divergence!
- Fairway jumped 70.5% to 133 loans
- FAR gained 29.2% to 274 loans
- Open Mortgage rose 24.2% to 113 loans, their highest since September
Bank turbulence and the resulting impact on […]
Get in Front of Reverse Market Leaders
You can place an ad in the RMI Newsletter and access our deep subscriber list to promote your products or recruit top talent.
Get Noticed Every Month
Explore Advertising Options