Another month in the rear view mirror, and we’ve officially reached the halfway point for the year. We’ve already seen a bounce in volumes from the May low and signs of life from the broker side of our industry, but who are the winners and losers among the states and metro markets around the country?
- Texas and Maryland continue to outperform among the top 10 states, down -26% and -23%, respectively
- Maryland’s strength is mostly attributable to the mini refi boom in Baltimore, which remains the only positive performer among the top 10 cities, up 12%
- Houston is the engine for Texas, down just -11%
- Philadelphia is a surprising metro we haven’t talked much about lately, but is down just -5% from last year at this time
- California has a virtual lock on average loan size growth, with 9 of the top 10 cities – but looking at total loan volume growth is an entirely different story. New Orleans, Baltimore, Tulsa and Santa Fe all rang up more loan volume by Maximum Claim Amount dollars than last year.
Click on the image below to view the full Industry Trends report for this month.