HECM endorsements bounced back 17.6% to 4,326 loans, with vacation season over and even the latest government shutdown averted (for now).
The regions were almost uniformly higher, with a decline in NY/NJ preventing a clean sweep:
- Midwest leaped 50.3% to 242 loans
- Southeast/Caribbean grew 24% to 646 loans
- Mid-Atlantic added 20.5% to finish at 200 loans
Lenders were almost as good, with 8 of the top 10 posting higher totals in September:
- Liberty doubled up after halving in August, rising 110.4% to 303 loans (1 above July)
- HighTech jumped 71.2% to 125 loans (highest since June 2020)
- Longbridge gained 68.8% to 265 loans
Click the image below for the full report.