HECM endorsements declined -13.6% in February, moderating the blistering January pace but still well above levels from early 2019.
Just 3 of the 10 regions we track were up on the month.
- Great Plains was up 17.9% but as the smallest region it was just 66 loans
- Rocky Mountain has made quite a charge in the past year to challenge Southeast/Caribbean for #2 and rose a further 6.8% to 424 loans. Last March it was just 240 loans.
- Southwest gained 4.8% to total 308 loans
Four of the top ten lenders were up on the month:
- Fairway led the way, rising 61.3% to 150 loans and its highest monthly showing since January 2018
- Finance of America Reverse leaped 27.3% to 280 loans
- Liberty jumped 22.5% to finish with 582 loans, its highest monthly volume since March 2014!
Click the image below for the full report.