HECM endorsements dropped -4.9% in May, with wholesale/brokers bearing a slightly larger share of the decline at -5.4% compared to retail/direct at -4.6%. There were some large declines for some top ten lenders, but as always there were winners too:
- Live Well grew volume 30% to 299 loans and their highest monthly total in over a year
- One Reverse bucked the trend as well, growing 18% to 518 loans and second overall ranking on the month
Outside the top ten lenders, several originators made their mark:
- FirstBank grew 22.7% to 54 loans (#11)
- High Tech grew 29.7% to 48 loans (#12)
- United Southwest aka All Reverse jumped 45.5% to 32 loans (#15)
Don’t forget to check out the rankings on page 3 (trailing twelve months with channel splits) and page 4 (single month retail only). If your company is not an FHA approved lender, these are the only industry rankings where you’ll appear!
Click the image below to access the full report.