April HECM endorsements were down a little from March but higher than a year ago, which brings the year to date tally to just -1.1% lower than last year. That figure was -3.6% in March and -5.5% in February, so on that front at least the trend is headed the right direction.
- Florida continues to lead the growth among top 10 states, now up 20.3% year to date
- Texas flipped to positive growth from last year in April, now up 1.9% year to date
- Arizona continues to grow stronger as well, up 3.6% year to date compared to 0.2% last month
Meanwhile, an interesting picture is developing in Southern California:
- Los Angeles city grew faster in April while the county’s growth rate dipped, as the growth became more localized
- Riverside county ramped up its growth rate to the southeast of LA, while its cousin San Bernardino to the north slowed down
- Harris county in Texas sports the highest growth rate among the top 10 counties in the nation, growing faster than its Houston city segment
Check out all these trends in greater detail with our Retail Dashboard:
- Drill through from LA county results to the cities and zip codes for placing your marketing
- Find out which cities and zip codes in your county are generating the most loans right now
- See all of the counties, cities and zips in Florida, Texas and Arizona
Contact us to for your personal demo of our Retail Dashboard to find answers to these questions and more – plus get your first month free (limited time offer).
Check out the full HECM Trends report below by clicking the image below.